Answer inquiries and provide information to the general public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties regarding activities conducted at establishment and location of departments, offices, and employees within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To be at work in a timely manner. To follow direction as given.
• Answering, screening and forwarding calls while providing information, taking messages, and/or scheduling appointments.
• Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
• Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
• Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, or operating calculators or computers to work with other documents.
• File and maintain records.
• Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
• Process and prepare memos, correspondence, or other documents.
• Take orders for merchandise or materials and send them to the proper departments to be filled.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• High School diploma or GED
• Valid U.S. driver's license and acceptable driving record as determined by Ability Plus’ insurance carrier.
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks based on importance
• Superior telephone etiquette
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff of API.
• Time Management—managing one’s own time and the time of others.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Speaking—talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Active listening—Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Service Orientation—actively looking for ways to help people.
• Reading Comprehension—Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
• Critical Thinking—using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
• Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the company.
• Knowledge of basic computer software and the ability to learn new software
• 1+ year of experience in an administrative position
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Work may occasionally require weekend and evening work.
• Work will require occasional local driving.
• Work requires ongoing interaction with intellectually disabled clients.
• Work can require frequent walking, standing, bending and lifting.